Thursday, October 10, 2013

4 Fire Prevention Week ~ The Safe Alternative to Candles

This is the fourth in a series for Fire Prevention Week. Click here to read why I am so passionate about Fire Safety - The Night I Lost Everything...  

 

Advice from a Fire Lieutenant's Wife

Home ~ Sweet Smelling ~ Home

In a heartbeat a scent can transport me to another time and place in my life.
  • Sweets baking in the oven on a cold day...Nana
  • Roses displayed in a beautiful vase on the counter...Mom
  • Fresh apples...My Sister
  • A warm ocean breeze...our family time while stationed in Puerto Rico. 
A house becomes a HOME when it is filled with beautiful memories and scents.  I have always been obsessed with making my home smell wonderful ~

I used to make this possible with candles...but I have fallen asleep and even went to bed with one burning! (PLEASE DON'T TELL MY HUSBAND)
I started to wonder if the homey smell was worth the risk and then I discovered Scentsy!
Have you tried Scentsy? It is the safe alternative to candles and recommended by my Firefighter Husband!

What is Scentsy?

Scentsy Electric Candles are ceramic candle warmers that use a low-wattage light bulb to heat and melt highly-scented long-lasting Scentsy Wax. All you do is plug your warmer, turn it on, with a cube of your favorite Scentsy wax scent inside the warmer dish top.

Have you tried Scentsy? It is the safe alternative to candles and recommended by my Firefighter Husband!


In minutes you will be enjoying one of over 80 scentsational scents.
Have you tried Scentsy? It is the safe alternative to candles and recommended by my Firefighter Husband!
Scentsy Wax Bars are made of a custom, food-grade paraffin wax blend with non-essential oils. The wax is designed for a specific scent-load and meltpoint. Scentsy bars in Scentsy electric warmers melt at 125-degrees Fahrenheit when used with the correct bulbs.  This temperature is the same as a paraffin cosmetic dip, SO Scentsy wax will not burn you if touched. (LOVE THAT)

Each Scentsy wax bars lasts approximately 60-80 hours, and each wax bar comes in 8 break-apart sections. I think Scenty candles are The Best Candle alternative available for your home or office decor for safety,  I use this cute one in my office at school!

Have you tried Scentsy? It is the safe alternative to candles and recommended by my Firefighter Husband!

Because Scentsy Candles are wickless, there is no smoke, no soot, no flame.Totally recommended by my Firefighter husband!! (I LOVE to make him happy)

I LOVE Scentsy so much it made "scents" to become a consultant and share my love of Scentsy with others!
If you are interested in Scentsy click here.  Local in North East Florida? Contact me to host a party in your home where you can smell ALL the possibilities before you buy.  Not local? We can still set up an online party to qualify for discounts and some possible freebies!

No More Fear of Candles and Open Flame 

Here are some of my customers favorites.
Have you tried Scentsy? It is the safe alternative to candles and recommended by my Firefighter Husband! 

Have you tried Scentsy? It is the safe alternative to candles and recommended by my Firefighter Husband!
Have you tried Scentsy? It is the safe alternative to candles and recommended by my Firefighter Husband!

The plug-ins are GREAT for bathroom and kitchen!
Have you tried Scentsy? It is the safe alternative to candles and recommended by my Firefighter Husband!

 If you have EVER "accidentally" forgotten a candle like me... I urge you to consider this safe alternative! You will be thankful you did!!
**UPDATE - Click here to Read Day 5 - Will Fast Will Your Home Be Identified in an Emergency?

Thanks for reading!
xoxo




 

4 comments:

  1. We love burning candles and always try to blow them out when we leave a room...but we're not perfect. And scentsy sounds like such a safer alternative. Thanks for the tip, Sharon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try one out...you will LOVE them!

      If you keep it on for days...it is safe.
      Just like a night light but SMELLS spectacular!
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. I only use jar candles, and it's in the bathroom on the main floor. I put one in there during a blackout, and never removed it ;) I have a scentsy, but it plugs into the wall, and has been knocked over and spilled on my counters one too many times!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharon,

    Thanks for sharing a safe alternative to using candles! I've forgotten to blow them out too before, plus I have pets and I'm always afraid my cats will knock a candle over!

    ReplyDelete

I'd LOVE to hear from you! Please leave me a comment and let me know what you're thinking!